You’ll realize the value of a dollar card (whether virtual or physical) if you’ve ever tried to make a purchase on an international e-commerce site like Amazon, Alibaba, or ASOS from Nigeria. The same goes if you’ve ever tried to renew an Apple Music or Spotify subscription or pay for Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, or Twitter Ads from a foreign country. Online services such as Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Twitter Ads accept dollar cards as a means of payment.
GTBank is one of the biggest banks in Africa, with locations in more than 10 countries and more than 24 million customers. It is also a major provider of Dollar cards. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly and conveniently request a GTBank dollar card using the GTBank mobile app.
Why Get A GTBank Dollar Card?
- 24-hour access to funds from about 2.1 million MasterCard ATMs worldwide.
- The GTBank dollar card can be issued with a minimum of N1,000.
- The card employs the use of Chip and PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions.
- Validity is for 3 years.
How to Apply for a GTBank Dollar Card
- First, you’ll need to log into your GTWorld mobile app account with your User ID and password.
- From your dashboard, swipe left and tap Cards
- Next, select Dollar Card Request.
- And then fill out the Dollar Card Request form
- Finally, tap Continue
Lastly, you should be aware that in order to submit an application for a GTBank dollar card, you first need to have a domiciliary account with GTBank. The most you can take out of an ATM with your GTBank dollar card is $1,000 (or the equivalent amount in the currency of the transaction), and the most you can spend in a single year is $20,000.