If you’ve ever been in a situation where your GTBank ATM card was stolen, lost, or misplaced. It is safe to deactivate your card in these situations. Taking this approach will help to prevent unauthorized card transactions on your account.
Before now, in situations like this, the first step was to call your bank’s customer care line. However, asking customer care to block your card may take longer than you being able to do this yourself. That is why most banks now have various ways to immediately block your card once you can’t find it. This ensures that your money is protected and that no one can access your account using the lost card.
Fortunately, GTBank has offered a few card hotlist choices for situations like these. As a result, you no longer need to contact customer service or visit a GTBank office. This post will show you five ways to hotlist your GTBank ATM card when necessary.
How to Check and Apply for GTBank Quick Credit Loan
Top Collateral-free Loans Platforms in Nigeria (2022)
How to get an offline POS machine in Nigeria
Five ways to Block GTBank ATM Card
#1. Using the 737 code
You can disable your GTBank ATM card using the GTBank USSD code:
- Simply dial *737*51*10#
Ensure you use the phone number linked with your GTBank account to dial this code.
#2. With the Internet Banking
- Log in to your account on the GTBank website and click on ‘Cards’ from the menu.
- Next, choose “Card Hotlist” and follow the on-screen instructions.
#3. On the GTWorld Mobile App
The GTWorld and GTMobile banking apps are available from GTBank. To disable your GTBank ATM card, using the GTWorld app.
- Sign in and then swipe left on the menu.
- Select “Block my Card” from the “Cards” menu.
#4. On the GTMobile App
- Select “My Services” from the menu.
- Next, select “Cards and Cheques.”
- Select “Card Hotlist Request” and block your card by following the steps.
#5. With an ATM
If you don’t have access to your phone or another device to check in to internet banking, simply go to the nearest GTBank ATM. You can use any of the cardless alternatives to hotlist your card. However, keep in mind that in order to utilize this option, you must know the last four numbers of your ATM card.
Follow the steps below to block your card:
- To begin a cardless transaction, press any key on the ATM.
- Next, choose “Cardless Hotlist.”
- Enter your phone number here.
- Finally, enter the last four numbers of the ATM card to be blocked.
And that’s how you block your GTBank ATM card. We hope you found this post helpful.