The digital era has changed the way the government of Uganda handles its business and payments. Most of these are online and individuals are required to use them. Previously, all car fines were imposed on the car number plate however lately, the fines are imposed on the driver’s permit. If you dodge payment, you won’t renew your license. This article guides you on how to pay Uganda police traffic fines.
1. Go to the URA web portal www.ura.go.ug.
2. Log into your account to pay Uganda police traffic fines.
3. Click on E-services and choose Payments.
4. Then select Registration, under the Payments menu list.
Read Also: How to get a Learner’s Driving Permit in Uganda Online
5. A new page will open;
- Choose DT from the drop-down menu as payment type.
- Select Other NTR under Tax Head.
- Under Ministry/ Department/Agency, select Police New Express Penalty.
- Enter your Ticket Number. To check your Ticket number simple message EPS to 8888.
- Please fill in all the information with red asterisks.
6. At the bottom of the page, please select the mode of payment. You can pay Online and mobile Payment: Now you can make payment.
Pay Uganda Police Fines Via MTN Mobile Money
- Dial *185*4*5# and press Ok.
- Select option 1, URA.
- Choose option 1.
- Select option 1 again.
- Enter the offense code.
- Fill in the Reference number.
- Enter the Car plate number.
- Key in the Traffic officer’s number (optional).
- Enter your driving permit number.
- Confirm with a mobile money pin.