Do you want to check for Uganda Police traffic fines attached to your vehicle or driving permit? I strongly suggest that you do this before buying a second-hand car from a friend. The process of knowing fines attached to a certain vehicle is precise and all car owners can do this by themselves online. This article guides you on how to check for Uganda police traffic fines attached to your vehicle or driving permit.
Know Uganda Police Traffic Fines Via SMS
As it happens, if you park improperly around town or face off with the traffic police officer, you’ll probably be fined for breaking the traffic rules. This section will help you know the Uganda police traffic fines attached to your vehicle or driving permit.
- Open the Message app on your device.
- Click on Compose New Text.
- Types EPS, car number and send it to 8888 for example EPS UBC677A and send to 8888.
- You will receive a text detailing unpaid fines from 8888.
Can’t send SMS to 8888
Go to Settings > Apps > Apps > upper-right corner menu > Special access > Premium SMS Access > Messages > Always allow
Read Also: How to Pay Uganda Police Traffic Fines
Visit the Police Offices
This option will require you to visit the nearest police station to check your police traffic fines attached to your vehicle, it’s quite inconvenient that’s why I would recommend option 1.
- Visit Uganda Police Inspectorate of Vehicles offices in Naguru (Opposite Spear motors), Nateete station, Katwe station, Old Kampala station, Wandegeya, etc.
- Explain to them you want to know your traffic fines.
- They will ask for the motor vehicle registration number.
- Then they will check for the information and within no time, all the details will be availed to you.
We hope this article helps you with checking and knowing your Uganda police traffic fines attached to your vehicle or even your driving permit. As you may have noticed, the fine is constrained to the vehicle registration plate instead of your driving permit.