This article shows you the steps you should follow to pair the new DSTV remote with a decoder. The method listed below works for both the Zapper HD decoder and DSTV Explora decoder.
- First things first, make sure your decoder is actively connected to your television set.
- Then ensure that the battery cells are new and properly arraigned in their section.
- Position your new Zapper remote / Explora remote towards the DSTV decoder.
- Try pressing the P+ button or V=+ button when the decoder loads.
- There should be visible change for example if you press P+ it should change the network station or V+ should increase the volume.
- Every time you press any button on the remote, the green light will blink (this clearly shows that the remote is working fine).
READ ALSO: DSTV Remote Prices and where you can Buy it
Note: The DStv Zapper remote only works perfectly for Zapper HD decoder and DStv Explora remote only works on DStv Explora decoder. so, make sure you pair new DSTV remote with a matching decoder.