Learner’s/Provisional Licence is a license given to a person who is learning to drive but has not yet satisfied the prerequisite to obtain a driver’s license. The license expires in 3 months from the date of purchase and it costs UGX 60,000. Here is how to get a learner’s driving permit online in Uganda.
- Valid national ID (original copy)
- Valid passport for foreigners (original copy)
- Refugee card for refugees (original copy)
- Proof of payment (payment registration number)
- Duly filled medical form
- Proof of enrollment from a licensed driving school
Note: UDLS does not accept cash at its branches.
Price for Learner’s Driving Permit
Steps to Get a Learner’s Driving Permit in Uganda Online
The steps below are dived into three sections.
STEP 1: Fill in the Application form
Open your browser and visit https://udls.co.ug/get-a-learners-licence/
Click on “Application form for a learner driving license”.
Download the application form and fill in all the required information.
STEP 2: Payment
- Visit URA portal – https://www.ura.go.ug/
- Click on eServices.
- On the eServices page, under Payments, click on Payment Registration.
- On the Payment registration page, select NTR under the Tax Head section and fill in tax payer’s details.
- Select your preferred NTR head under the Details of NTR section.
- At the bottom, select your preferred payment option.
- When you are done with filling the form, click accept and register.
- Download and print the form. Go ahead and make your payment in the bank or use mobile money or Payway.
STEP 3: Submit Application
- Go to UDLS office, with a bank receipt, application form, doctor’s letter, proof of enrollment from driving school, and valid national ID.
- UDLS will capture your Biometric features.
- UDLS will issue the Learners’ license.