To get the most life from your Android device’s battery, you need to understand what drains your battery most. There are many other services rather than just location-on that drains your battery. Turning off all these settings and services may bring a difference in how long your battery life should last after a full charge. In this article, we shall find out if having Location services on can drain the battery or not.
Shall Location services drain my battery?
The answer is YES! Whenever you leave the location services of your device on, expect a great increase in battery consumption, thus; short battery life span in the long run. This is because your phone’s GPS chip uses slightly much power to run which drains your battery.
The GPS chip is supposed to run all the time while it continues to track and calculate distances using satellites. Another fact you shouldn’t forget is that while location services are on, they will need WI-FI connectivity or your internet data available. There is nothing that consumes a battery better than the internet.
Other things that drain your battery life faster
- Overwhelming number of apps running location services
- Phones that have worked for long
- A lot of screen brightness
- Old phone batteries
- Outdated phone operating system
- Too many push notifications and alerts draining the battery.
- Too many apps running in the background
- Too many minutes before the screen can sleep
Some of the settings that use less battery
Here are some of the settings you should implement in your mobile device since they use less battery, thus; helping your battery life to last longer than usual.
- Let your screen turn off sooner.
- Reduce screen brightness.
- Set the brightness to change automatically.
- Turn off keyboard sounds or vibrations.
- Restrict apps with high battery use.
- Turn on adaptive battery or battery optimization.
- Delete unused accounts.