Did you know that Chrome got some extra features that may make your browsing experience even better?—yes, these tips may give you better browsing in chrome on android. Given the fact that Chrome is one of the commonest mobile browsers, it is likely that you are reading this article via a Chrome browser that is using a mobile gadget.
Due to its incredible features, ease of use, and great speed, Chrome scored 63.06% market share by May 2021. You don’t want to forget that it also supports a wide range of plugins and other add-ons any internet person may want. In this article, I will share with you the 6 secrets for better browsing in chrome on Android.
Chrome comes with a handy way of delaying downloads. You have the option of scheduling your downloads so that they can happen any time you desire. For example, you may decide that a download of a certain file should happen the moment your gadget is on a public WI-FI, and it will happen. You may specify the date or time when the desired file should download. To enable the scheduling feature in chrome, follow these steps below;
- Open Chrome flags page to make these changes
- Type chrome://flags in the address bar, then press Enter.
- Now type enable download later in the search bar,
- Then tap “Default” option below and select “Enable” from the list.
- When a “Relaunch” button shows up, tap on it to restart Chrome to let the changes take effect
- Now go to any downloads page and hit the download button.
- These options will display, “Now”, “On Wi-Fi”, and “Select date and time”
- You may select any option you want depend on your preferences.
Use dark mode in Chrome
Nowadays every app comes in handy with the dark mode feature. You must have seen the likes of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and WhatsApp implementing this idea in the past months. Dark modes are mostly used as an eye care precaution.
Related Post: A guide to fix Resolving host problem in chrome browsers
It reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability. It also enhances visual ergonomics by reducing eye strain, facilitating screens to adjust according to current light conditions, and providing the comfort of use at night or in dark environments. You don’t want to strain your eyes, then, enable the dark mode in chrome. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Open Chrome.
- Launch the menu by tapping on the 3 dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Hit Theme.
- Select Dark.
Use Data Saver in Chrome for Android
If you have been experiencing a problem of slow loading pages, enabling a data saver for chrome in android shall make your browsing even faster. You should note that whenever a page takes longer than usual to load, it consumes extra data than it should have required on a faster load. Therefore, enabling a Data saver for chrome in Android shall cut down data consumption. To enable this feature, follow the steps below.
- In Chrome, hit the 3-dot menu button.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Lite mode.
- When you are there, toggle the setting on.
Sync bookmarks, passwords, history, and more across devices
If you did not know that Google can synchronize your data across all devices you are using, then it’s the high time you realized that. With Google, Chrome can synchronize data such as bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs, credit card info. You don’t always have to struggle to remember your password. To enable this, follow the steps below;
- Launch Chrome.
- Hit the 3-dot menu button.
- Go to Settings.
- Under You and Google, select Sign in to Chrome.
- When you are there, check the Sync and Google services in order to customize options.
- Select the Sync option
- Go to Sync everything and turn it on
Enable “Zoom all the pages”
If you have a vision problem, this is a feature that can help you so much in viewing website content. Some websites with poor display may give viewers with vision problems a hard time surfing. However, with the help of the zooming feature in chrome for Android, you are able to. To enable zooming in and out on your Chrome in Android, below are the steps you should follow;
- Assuming you are already in chrome, tap on the 3-dot menu button on the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Then, check the Force enable zoom box.
Speed up downloads with Parallel Downloading
If you ever need to download larger files on your mobile phone via chrome, don’t worry. This will do you the trick. Parallel downloading means diving the larger file into multiple smaller ones so that simultaneous download is possible. Well, the trick is that there will be an increase in the downloading rate for each file, thus; faster downloads as compared to the general method of downloading one huge file. To enable this feature, see below;
- Launch your Chrome browser
- Type Chrome://flags into the address bar and press enter.
- Now search for “Parallel downloading.”
- When you find the option, tap on the drop-down menu and select Enabled.