Slick and fancy to poses most especially on your hand, well apple watches go beyond just looks. Call it beauty with brains. Congratulations on owning an apple watch. Did you know that your new apple watch can do a lot more than you are aware of? Well, your Apple Watch is adorned with features and apps that can help you preserve your battery life, track your sleep, find your iPhone, act as a remote for your Apple TV, unlock your iPhone and so much more. The article details 6 features that you need to look out for in your Apple Watch.
Battery power mode
Is your Apple Watch battery literally drained and you would like to extend its battery life before it goes off? The solution for that is pretty simple, all you have to do is place your watch in battery save or reserve mode in case it is draining too fast. Simply swipe up your watch screen to bring up the control center and tap battery percentage and drag the Power Reserve slider, then tap proceed.
Limit Push notifications
Instead of allowing all notifications to appear on your watch screen, you can reduce them and limit notifications from certain features or apps. To disable push notifications on your Apple Warch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, and tap Notifications. Next, toggle on Notification Privacy and Notifications Indicator to keep notifications private. To control alerts from built-in apps, go to Notifications, tap an app, such as Messages, then tap Custom > Notifications Off.
Unlocking your iPhone with a mask on
While we are dealing with the effects of the pandemic, we need to adjust to ways of living like wearing a face mask at all times. If you have a mask on, unlocking your iPhone seems harder than usual, however, if you have an Apple Watch, you will unlock your iPhone instantly with your mask on. Starting with WatchOS 7.4 and IOS 14.5, you can use your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone when wearing a face mask that is covering the nose and mouth. First, you need to enable unlock with the Apple Watch feature by;
- Apple Watch should be unlocked and on your wrist.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Face ID and Passcode.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Scroll down and tap to turn on Unlock with Apple Watch. You will get a prompt explaining how the feature works, tap turn on to continue.
After turning on the feature, here ii show you will unlock your phone using your Apple Watch;
- While wearing your Face mask covering your mouth and nose, and with your Apple Watch on your wrist and unlocked.
- Rise your iPhone to wake it.
- When you glance at your iPhone, it will identify that you are wearing a face mask and your Apple Watch will unlock it.
- You will get a notification on your Apple Watch that your iPhone has been unlocked and you will have the option to lock it again.
Quick Note: Unlock with Apple Watch works with Apple Watch Series 3 and later. Face ID should be turned on, passcode should be set, wrist detection turned on and both IOS and WatchOS should be up-to-date.
Did you know that your Apple Watch can help you learn about your sleep habits and create a better routine? Well, starting in WatchO7, you can now track your sleep, add a sleep schedule, use sleep mode and view your sleep history. To use this feature, turn on sleep and turn on sleep tracking on your Apple Watch. To do this just open the sleep app on your Watch and follow the prompts. Also, you will need to wear your watch to bed to track your sleep.
Use Apple Watch as a remote for your Apple TV
We all have to accept that losing or misplacing your remote can be quite a pain and seems to happen often. Remembering which part you left the remote on the couch every time is just sad. Well, you can avoid that stress by using your Apple Watch as a remote but only for Apple TV. To control your Apple TV with your Apple Watch;
- First things first, ensure that the iPhone is connected to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV.
- Now press the digital crown on your Apple Watch and find the Remote app. It is a default app on the Apple Watch.
- Select your Apple TV device then tap add a device.
- On the Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices, then select Apple Watch.
- Enter the passcode displayed on your Apple Watch. When the pairing icon appears next to Apple Watch, it’s ready to control the Apple TV.
Once you have successfully paired your Apple Watch with Apple TV, here is how you will use the Apple Watch as a remote;
- Open the Remote app on your Apple Watch.
- Choose your Apple TV, then swipe up, down, left, or right to move through the Apple TV menu options.
- Tap to choose the selected item.
- Tap the Play/Pause button to pause or resume playback.
- Tap the Menu button to go back, or touch and hold it to return to the main menu.
Breathing app for anxiety and stress
If you happen to get stressed or have an anxiety attack, the Apple watch has a breathing app that can calm you down and offer meditation exercises. The new mindfulness app will remind you to breathe, the feature comes from WatchOS 3. When you need to relax, launch the Breathe app on your Apple Watch, tap on the breathe icon and then breathe deeply along with the animation displayed on the watch interface. You can also customize the exercises, check stats, and change the frequency of these reminders.
Find your iPhone
You can locate your iPhone from your apple watch. All you do is swipe up from the bottom of the watch and chose the vibrating phone icon. Your phone will then play a high loud audible single-tone one and you can locate it in no time.
These and more are the outstanding features of your apple watch but unfortunately, most of these features may be limited to the latest apple watch versions.