Stressed with translating text between the Telegram app and Google translate. Well, there is good news for you. We all know that the cloud-based messaging platform- Telegram offers endless features for its subscribers. One of the most useful features of Telegram is its ability to translate messages into different languages within the app. This is especially helpful when communicating with people who speak different languages or when traveling to foreign countries. In this article, we will discuss how to translate messages to other languages in Telegram.
How to Enable Translations in Telegram
Before you use the translate feature in your chat box, you need to enable the Translation settings. Here is how you can go about it;
1. Launch the Telegram app and tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner of the homepage.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Tap on the Language option.
4. Toggle on Show Translate Button.
- If you are a Telegram Premium subscriber, you can enable the Translate Entire Chats option to get all your chats translated.
- You can also exclude a language from being translated, just select the language on the Do Not Translate option.
- You can also select your preferred Interface Language section. The interface language will also determine the language in which the selected text will be translated. Mine is English. That means my interface language is in English and when I tap on the translate button, the text will be translated into English as well.
How to Translate Messages to other Languages on Telegram
Now that you have enabled the Translation feature on Telegram, you can go ahead and get any text from a foreign language translated for you. All you have to do is;
1. Open a chat (individual or group chat) and select a conversation that you would like to translate. This will open a pop-up menu.
2. From the displayed list of options, tap on the Translate option.
3. You will be referred to the Translate option, on this page, you can listen to the audio version of both texts. Also, you can copy the translation or change the language on the same page. That’s it!
The guide above is clear proof that translating messages in Telegram is a simple and easy process. With Telegram’s support for a wide range of languages, you can communicate with people from all over the world without any language barriers. Whether you are traveling or communicating with someone who speaks a different language, Telegram’s translation feature makes it easy to stay connected. If you want to use the translation feature offline, here is what you should do.