If you have just switched from Android to iPhone, you will definitely be baffled by how you will transfer your WhatsApp chats to the new device. The chat history, images, audios, and documents are very paramount you cannot afford to lose them. Remember WhatsApp has an end to end encryption to protect her privacy. IOS and Android have different protocols, so you will need a third party to decrypt the backup on Android so they can assimilate. In this article, I share with you different proven methods to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android To IPhone Via Email.
- Open the WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Tap on the three vertical dots. Choose settings>Chat settings>Chat history>Export chats. Select the chat you want to send.
- Share using your default email or Gmail.
- Send the file to yourself by entering your email address in the receipt box.
- Launch Gmail app and log in with your email address on IPhone.
- Tap on the email sent. Pictures, audio and text files will be portrayed.
NOTE: Unfortunately, with this method, the chats cannot be shared with WhatsApp on your iPhone. This means they can only be seen in the email chat as a document.
- ALSO READ:
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages to a New Phone?
- How to Clear WhatsApp Used Space Without losing Chat History?
Recover WhatsApp Chats via Cloud Backup
The simplest method is using the cloud back up to recover all your WhatsApp chats on your iPhone.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android phone or iPhone.
- Reinstall WhatsApp and login using the same phone number on the IPhone device.
- Tap on ‘Restore’ to recover your WhatsApp chats from Google Drive.
NOTE: Messages deleted after the cloud backup will not be restored. And also for this method to work, you should back up the chats on Google Drive by clicking on device Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and save your WhatsApp data on Google Drive or the local storage.
Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to IPhone with Icarefone
- Install the “Icarefone WhatsApp Transfer” tool on your computer. Make sure you have the WhatsApp messenger on both your Android and IPhone.
- Tap the WhatsApp tab.
- Connect the Andriod phone on the computer and enable USB debugging. Once recognized connect your IPhone and trust this computer.
- Once both devices are detected, go ahead and hit the transfer button. Then click “Proceed”.
- Select the existing back up plan or create new back up plan by launching WhatsApp on your android device> click settings>Chats>Chats Backup>Backup. Once done click continue.
- The tool is now coping the data from the source phone (Android phone).
- Verify the phone number to decrypt the backup from, tap verify and turn on the two step Verification on WhatsApp and then press continue.
- WhatsApp will send verification code to the number, once received fill it in and then hit verify to confirm.
- Once verification is done, Icarefone will generate data that will be restored on your iPhone.
- WhatsApp will forcefully sign you out from the source device. Please sign in on your new iPhone. Once done click on logged in to proceed. Now the chat restoration process will start. All your WhatsApp chats and data will load on your IPhone. The time duration will depend on how big your WhatsApp data is. At this point, the Iphone device will restart. Well done now transfer is successful.
However, this tool is not free.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to IPhone Using Wutsapper App.
This method allows you to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone without a computer. All you need is an OTG cable, both the android and iPhone devices. Then open Wutsapper to transfer it.
- Download “Wutsapper” from Google play store on your android phone and then open then open
- The app will check if your phone has WhatsApp backup. If not, Wutsapper will show you how to back up your WhatsApp on your phone. Do not forget to prepare an OTG cable.
- Connect both phones with OTG cable, click “Trust” and enter your WhatsApp phone number.
- Then, you can start to transfer! Wutsapper will parse your WhatsApp backup firstly. Please wait a moment.
- Click on parse the back up. Parsing completed! Tap “start” to transfer your WhatsApp and wait for a while, transfer will be complete.