Are you trying to figure out where or how to share your excess data? The good news is that Airtel Nigeria now lets you share your data with close family members, friends, or even people who will pay for data (like a mini data reselling business for small data consumers).
With the Airtel Smart-Share service, users can quickly share their internet data into megabytes and gigabytes by using the USSD code. This service is for people who have active data on their Airtel SIM cards and want to share it with their close friends. It is neither a data gift nor a data renewal. So, let’s get started and look at how you can share your Airtel data with your friends and family.
The Airtel SmartShare service is a set of options that let more than one customer use the same internet data bundle in any of the following ways:
- Me2U: Sending a bundle from the bundle you already have active
- Buying a gift: buy a package for another line
- To share data (MB) on Airtel, dial *141#
- A prompt will show up on the screen, select 7 for sharing and giving away data
- Next, choose 4 for “Data Me2U.”
- Select 2 to send Me2U from the data you already have
- Enter the Phone Number of the Recipient
- Data Allowance (Max. 200MB)
- Enter your transfer PIN to confirm the data transfer.
- You can also share data on Airtel by dialing *141*7*4# and then following the menu prompts.
The amount of data that can be shared on Airtel Me2U is a maximum of 200MB of data per day.
- Dial *141#
- Select 6 for sharing and giving away data
- Choose 2 to keep going with Data Gifting
- Choose the type and size of data bundle you want
- Follow the on-screen instructions to give data on Airtel.
- You can also start by dialing *141*6*2# and then following the menu prompts to give data on Airtel.
The amount of data you can share with Airtel Data Gifting: Normal data bundle plans are the only ones that can be used.
The default PIN is 1234, and everything is completely free of charge. Before you can send or share data, you have to change the PIN.
Changing Airtel Data Gifting & Sharing Default PIN
Changing the default PIN is to prevent someone from sharing data on your phone without your permission, as they would need to know your PIN before they can share or give data to anyone. When you first use Data Sharing/Gifting, you will need to change your PIN from the default (1234) to any other PIN you want to use.
To change your default PIN, dial *141*6*1# and then follow the prompts to change your Airtel Data Gifting & Sharing PIN.