Airtel is one of Nigeria’s telecom behemoths. It has a market share of 26% of subscribers. Airtel provides a variety of value-added services to its customers, including caller tunes. Airtel also refers to this service as Hello Tunes. Airtel Hello Tunes is an Airtel service that allows subscribers to set their favorite song as their caller tune. When you set the caller tune/hello tune, your callers will hear it instead of the ring tone until you answer the call.
Setting up Airtel Hello Tunes is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. Here is a detailed guide on how to set up Airtel Hello Tunes:
Benefits of setting up Airtel Hello tunes
- Airtel Hello tunes add a personal touch to the calling experience
- With Hello tunes, every call is a rhythm; customers can replace the standard tune with a wide variety of HelloTunes for their callers to enjoy
- Airtel Hello tunes allow customers to select a personalized tone depending on the person calling, time of day, season, mood, etc.
Subscription charges for Airtel Hello Tunes
You will be charged for your Airtel Hello Tunes in the following ways:
- Subscription – N100 Monthly with a validity of 30 days.
- Tune download- N50/month.
- Calls to 791 cost N15/minute.
How to set up your Airtel Hello Tunes
One of the simplest ways to set up your Airtel caller tune is by USSD code. All you have to do is dial the code and follow the prompt to complete the process. See the steps below:
- Dial *791# to select your preferred option on the menu.
- Dial *791*aliascode# for direct dial download. e.g., *791*30# to download a particular song.
To activate the Airtel Hello tune via SMS, see below:
- Send a Tune Code to 791 via SMS.
- Dial 791 to listen to sample tunes, follow the voice prompt to browse through the tune, and select your preferred tune(s).
How to deactivate the service
- SMS: Send STOP to 791.
- USSD: Dial *791# and select the option “manage profile” on the menu list.