Sending money across different networks has been made easy as sending money on the same network. Airtel subscribers can now send money to MTN mobile money. This article will show you how to send Airtel Money to MTN.
READ ALSO: How to send mobile money from MTN to Airtel
Method 1: Use USSD Code to Send Airtel Money to MTN
Follow the steps below to send funds from Airtel to another numberusing USSD code.
- Launch the Phone app on your phone.
- Dial *185# then OK.
- Select option 1, Send Money.
- Opt for Option 2, MTN number.
- Then enter the recipient’s number (MTN number).
- Enter Amount that you want to send.
- Fill in the Reference (reason for sending the money).
- Read through the transaction information then finalize the process by entering your Airtel Money pin.
Method 2: Use My Airtel App
Follow the steps below to send money from Airtel to MTN using the My Airtel App.
- Download and install the My Airtel App from Play Store (Android) and App Store (IOS).
- Open the App and Login with your mobile number. Do not forget to enter your mobile money pin.
- Enter a 4-digit code that has been sent to your phone via SMS.
- Choose Airtel Money at the top of the screen.
- Enter your Airtel Money Pin.
- Tap on Send Money under quick actions.
- Select Local option. Enter recipient number, reason for sending the money and finally the Amount. Click on Proceed.
- Review transaction details. If all is well, tap Confirm to finalize transaction.
Airtel to MTN Sending Charges
The table below shows Airtel to MTN sending charges per transaction band.
Sending Charges to MTN
500 – 2500
2,501 – 5,000
5,001 – 15,000
15,001 – 30,000
30,001 – 45,000
45,001 – 60,000
60,001 – 125,000
125,001 – 250,000
250,001 – 500,000
500,001 – 1,000,000
1,000,001 – 2,000,000
2,000,001 – 4,000,000
4,000,001 – 7,000,000
Table shows charge fees for sending money from Airtel to MTN