This article is going to show you 5 simple ways to save WhatsApp status videos/images of others from your mobile phone. There are 5 methods here. The first one is Whatsapp Status Download Video or Photo by using the mobile settings (you don’t need an app for this), the second one is by using a third-party app. Whatsapp temporarily stores the statuses in the hidden Folder, there is no official option to download Whatsapp status at the moment.
Note: There are many apps available on the play store that will help you to download photos and videos of WhatsApp status. However, note that some of them are filled with advertisements and lack functionality.
Read Also: GB WhatsApp download the latest version
Step by step guide to download WhatsApp status.
Method 1: Use File Explorer to save WhatsApp status
- In the first method, you’ll need a file Explorer to download or save WhatsApp status. You can download ES file manager from the play store. In my case, I used a file manager.
- Turn on your internet and open your Whatsapp mobile application. Go to the Status tab and view all WhatsApp statuses you want to download. The photos or videos you view in WhatsApp status are automatically downloaded in WhatsApp’s cache.
- Open your file Explorer or File Manager you downloaded in the first step. Go to settings, under the settings tab you’ll see an option called show hidden files and then select & enable show hidden files. Some file managers have the settings menu as three vertical dots on the left bottom corner.
Step 4 :
- Then navigate to the home screen of your file manager. You’ll see all the different folders created by different apps and games on your smartphone. Keep scrolling down and then tap on the folder named: Whatsapp >Media > .statuses. The .Statuses folder is a hidden folder that generally isn’t visible. A reason why we asked you to enable hidden files in the previous step.
There you can see all your WhatsApp contact Status. It’s under this hidden folder ./status all your WhatsApp status images/videos are saved temporarily.
- Simply Copy/Move that File and Place in another folder
That’s it! You have downloaded your friend’s WhatsApp status Video/Picture
If you didn’t find this helpful don’t worry, we have you covered in the next methods.
However, do keep in mind that only those photos and videos will appear in this ./status folder that you have already viewed from within WhatsApp. And, they will also disappear from this folder automatically after 24 hours of being posted.
To save WhatsApp Status photo or video on your smartphone, you simply have to select any photo or video, tap on ‘Copy‘, and then paste it in a folder that’s created in a different location, and then, you will have it on your smartphone even after 24 hours from when they were posted by your friend.
Method 2 : Use WhatsApp Status Downloader
In this method, we shall be using a third-party mobile app to save and store someone’s else WhatsApp status on your phone storage.
- Download and install this Application – Download Status Saver for WhatsApp
- Turn on your internet and open WhatsApp messenger. Head to your status tab and Watch the Status from the Whatsapp Messenger that you need to download or save.
- Then Open this app, there you can see all your WhatsApp contact’s status (Video/Picture). There is a Download button on the status. Simply click on it, then the status will be saved to your storage
Method 3: Using Story saver for Whatsapp.
This is yet another interesting mobile app that will help you download/save WhatsApp status on your phone storage.
How to download whatsapp status videos and images with story saver app
- Firstly download this application story saver for Whatsapp from the play store.
- Install the application on your phone and run it.
- Go and view videos or images you need to download from WhatsApp
- Reopen your status saver app for WhatsApp, and you can tap videos or images to download them
Using the above app, you can be in a position to save WhatsApp videos with less hustle on android.
Method 4: Use WhatsApp Mods
In this method you have to download WhatsApp mods like GB Whatsapp, Whatsapp Plus, TMWhatspp, and others since they come with beautiful features like scheduling messages, changing chat bubble color, downloading WhatsApp status videos, or Images and changing theme colors.
Step 1 :
- Download and install any of GBWhatsapp , Whatsapp plus or TMWhatsapp on your phone .
- Open your Whatsapp mod and go to status section .
Step 3 :
- Tap on the right top corner three dots and then select “View Statuses as list”.
- All the status stories from your friends contacts appear as a list with a download button.
You can also download WhatsApp status by simply viewing the status, tap on three dots in the left-hand corner, and select download. Your downloaded WhatsApp status will be saved to the gallery.
It’s very simple to download/save WhatsApp statuses on your phone storage if you can follow some steps mentioned in this post. Hope you found this post very useful. If yes, share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or even Google ++.