Just like Airtel Kenya has Me2U, Safaricom has Sambaza. Sambaza service enables Safaricom customers to share data bundles and airtime with friends and family. Subscribers can share airtime starting as low as Ksh 5 to 10,000 daily. Here is how you can Sambaza airtime on Safaricom.
Sambaza Airtime on Safaricom using USSD
- Go to the phone app.
- Dial *140*followed by airtime amount * then the number you want to sambaza airtime with#, for example,*140*50*0722123456#.
- Click on the Call button.
- You will receive a confirmatory text instantly.
- Open the Messages app.
- Click on Compose a new message.
- Type the amount you want to share followed by the hashtag symbol (#) and then the mobile number you want to share airtime with. For example: 20#0722123456
- Enter the recipient as 140.
- A confirmatory message will be sent on both the sender and receiver’s phone number.
Use My Safaricom App
- Launch the MySafaricom app
- Click on the Buy Airtime option at the bottom right corner.
- Choose to buy for ‘OTHER’.
- Enter the phone number you want to sambaza airtime with (you can choose to search for the number from Contacts).
- Key in the Amount you want to buy.
- Tap on the NEXT button.
- A notification will pop up on your screen prompting you to verify the name of the recipient and amount.
- Confirm transaction by clicking on the SEND button.
Use SIM Applications
- Go to Settings.
- Select SIM Applications.
- Then choose Safaricom+.
- Tap on My Account.
- Next, select Sambaza.
- Opt for Prepay Sambaza or Postpay Sambaza.
- Enter amount you want to share.
- Search SIM contacts or Enter mobile number and click on the Send button.