Just like the missed call alert gives you an update on all the calls you missed, Safaricom’s You attempted to call me alerts the caller that the number they tried to reach is now available. If you activate this service, then you are most likely to receive a message denoting “You attempted to call me but I was not available. Please call me. Thank you.” This service is free and here is how you can activate it on your Safaricom line.
Here is how you can activate Safaricom’s You Attempted to Call me
- Launch the phone app.
- Dial *100# and press the call button.
- Select option 3, Products and Services.
- Press 98 to proceed to the next menu.
- Then respond with option 13 for Caller notification.
- Select option 2, Activate or Deactivate and follow the prompts.
Read Also: Safaricom Missed Call Alert, How to activate & Deactivate
Go to your phone and dial *62*0726666661#.
You should then get a USSD message that call forwarding was successful.
Deactivating the Service
Go to your phone and dial ##62#.
You should then get a USSD message that call forwarding was deactivated.