To err is human and Safaricom understands this particular statement very well. So if you have sent money to the wrong number or paid the wrong bill, the funds can always be retrieved. Here is how you can reverse MPESA money sent to the wrong number.
READ ALSO: Complete List of Safaricom Shops in Kenya
Use SMS to Reverse MPESA Money sent to a Wrong Number
This is what you should do as soon as you figure out that you have sent money to the wrong number or made a wrong Safaricom transaction.
- Open and copy the transaction code from the confirmation message that was sent by Safaricom’s MPESA.
- Create a new message and paste the code.
- Then send it to 456.
- Safaricom will send you confirmation about your request.
- Safaricom will then reverse the transaction.
Contact Customer Care
This method requires the customer to contact Safaricom customer care agent immediately as soon as they realize they have sent money to the wrong number.
- Dial 100 then call button.
- Listen to the voice prompts carefully and request to talk to customer care agent.
- Explain your grievance to the attendant.
- The attendant will ask for transaction Id.
- Then the reversal process will start immediately.
- The reversal process might take 2 hours or more.
- If the money has been withdrawn, the money won’t be reversed.
- The Earlier, the better.