Your initial plan was to send money to a particular number but unfortunately, you sent it to the wrong number. This is common, just one single misplacement of a digit totally changes the plan. I admit that this situation is perplexing and baffling. However, take a breath, everything will be fine. Before you think of blaming Airtel, read these detailed steps on how to reverse Airtel money sent to the wrong number.
What to do When you Send Airtel Money to a Wrong Number
Recently, Airtel Uganda introduced a new method to enable customers to reverse money sent to the wrong number easily. You can choose to use the short USSD code or contact Airtel Money customer care.
Here is how you can go about it;
Method 1: Revert the Transaction Using USSD Code
1. Dial *185# and press OK. Alternatively, you can dial *185*10*8# to go to step 4.
2. Select option 10, My Accounts.
3. Choose My Transaction Reversals from the list of displayed options.
4. Select option 1, Initiate Transaction Reversal.
5. Go ahead and select the transaction that you want to reverse.
6. Enter your Airtel Money PIN to confirm the transaction reversal process. The transaction will be reversed to your Airtel Money account within 72 hours.
- How to register your business for Airtel money pay & MTN MoMo Pay?
- How to Reverse MTN Mobile Money Sent To a Wrong Number
Method 2: Revert the Transaction with the help of the Customer Care Agent
STEP 1: First things first, pick up your phone and contact Airtel Customer Care Centre as soon as you notice that you sent Airtel money to the wrong number. However, this complaint should be raised within 7 days of performing the transaction. Also, keep in mind that the telecom company will not reverse the funds if the money was withdrawn from the wrong receipt’s Airtel money account or sent from one person to another subsequently.
Airtel Customer Service Contact
- Call Airtel Customer Care on 100
- Check out the official Twitter page. https://twitter.com/Airtel_Ug
- Airtel Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/airteluganda/
STEP 2: Once the case has been reported, Airtel will immediately freeze the account to disable money withdrawal. The Airtel customer agent will then begin the process of guiding you on how you can reverse your transaction. After that, the funds will be reversed from the wrong receipt number back to the sender within 24 hours. Airtel will then charge the victim UGX 5000 as a reversal fee from your Airtel money account.
I hope this article saved your day and that your Airtel Money account has been accredited with the error transaction.