If you have lost your national ID then you need to replace it as soon as possible. National Identification cards are very crucial especially for acquiring government services. The good news is that the process of applying for a national ID replacement has been simplified. So worry not, this will take less of your time. This article guides you on how to replace your lost ID in Kenya.
Before we continue, please report to the nearest police post and report the matter. They will give you a police letter/police abstract statement to show that indeed your national ID is lost.
- Visit the nearest Huduma center in your area.
- Hand in the police abstract.
- Present the ID number of the lost ID or a photocopy/scan of the same.
- Fill in the ID replacement form.
- A passport photo of yourself.
- Record your fingerprint details.
- Pay KSh 100 for the new ID.
- The officers in charge will give you an ID waiting card.
NOTE: The process of ID replacement might take between 1 or 2 months.