Bank of Africa mobile banking services commonly dubbed as Bank of Africa Mobile Wallet allows customers to perform financial transactions remotely on their mobile phones. With the BOU mobile wallet, customers will be able to buy airtime, pay utilities, deposit and withdraw money, request mini statements, and transfer funds (internationally and locally) straight from their accounts. To get started, you need to register for bank of Africa mobile banking services then download the BOU app or dial *246# to make your preferred transactions.
Bank of Africa Mobile Banking Registration Requirements
The requirements are categorized into two categories; category 1 for Bank customers and category 2 for New customers.
Category 1: If you are a BOA customer, here are the required requirements;
- Bank of Africa Account Number.
- National Identification Card.
- Registered phone number.
Category 2: If you are not a BOA customer, you will be required to open an account and during the account opening process, you will enable the mobile banking service. Here below is what you need to get started.
- 1 current passport photograph of yourself.
- Valid identification document – National ID or Passport for foreign nationals.
- Valid email address and phone number.
How to Register & Use Bank of Africa Mobile Banking in Uganda
Bank of Africa customers can register for mobile wallet services via the BOU App or by visiting the nearest Bank of Africa branch.
Use the BOU App
2. Launch the app on your device.
3. The Login page will open, click on Get Started button just below the green Login button.
4. Click on Self Register.
5. You will be prompted to enter Account Number, Date of Birth, and National ID No.
6. After entering all the required information, click the Register button.
7. The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your phone with the details of how to log in. You can now choose to use the app or USSD short code (*246#) to make any preferred transaction.
Visit Bank of Africa Branch
1. Go to the nearest Bank of Africa branch.
2. At the customer service desk, request the agent to enroll you for Bank of Africa mobile banking services.
3. The customer care agent will give you a mobile banking form, fill in all the required information then hand in the document with the national ID photocopy.
4. The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your phone with the details of how to log in. You can now choose to use the app or ussd short code (*246#) to make any preferred transaction.