I recently lost all my important documents including my URA certificate that shows my Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and yet I needed to find it urgently. If you are in the same situation, worry less for I figured out the solution. Uganda Revenue Authority has facilitated individuals to locate their TIN online with just two simple steps. This guide shows you how to recover a forgotten or lost URA TIN.
This solution has two methods to recover lost or forgotten URA TIN numbers for both individuals and non-individual taxpayer types.
In method one we shall use the AskURA mobile app to recover forgotten or lost URA TIN numbers.
2. Open the AskURA mobile app and tap the Taxpayer Profile tab.
3. On the following page, you can search your TIN Number by entering your Email, Phone number, or NIN.
4. In case you have a tin number associated with the above details will pop up in the bottom sheet drawer. If the above method didn’t work for you try the following one.
1. Open your preferred internet browser.
2. Go to the URA web portal https://www.ura.go.ug/.
3. After the web portal has loaded, locate the My TIN option next to e-services and click on it.
4. A new page will load prompting you to fill in particular information attached to your TIN. Ensure that all the information you enter matches your TIN registration details.
5. Enter your date of birth, registered email, phone number, and mother’s maiden name then click submit. If all the entered information is correct, the TIN will be sent via the registered email.
6. Next, sign in to the registered email to check your TIN.
What happens if you can not remember your registration details?
If you do not remember your TIN registration details, it is impossible for you to recover either a forgotten or lost TIN by yourself. However, with the help of authorized customer care agents, you can recover your TIN. Click here for URA contacts.