In recent years, streaming services like Spotify have gained immense popularity worldwide, including in Uganda. Spotify offers an extensive music library with millions of tracks, curated playlists, and personalized recommendations. The music streaming platform offers both the free platform and the Premium platform. Premium subscribers have a specialized subscription rate that is deducted from their billing information. As you guessed it, the Premium platform offers better features than the free version. If you wish to upgrade or are considering renewing your premium services, you can make payment using MTN or Airtel Money. To cater to the convenience of Ugandan users, Spotify has integrated mobile money payment options. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to pay for Spotify using mobile money in Uganda.
Your way through making Spotify Premium using mobile money in Uganda is divided into two steps. Do not fret, these steps are simpler than you could imagine. Let’s dive in!
Read Also: YouTube Music Vs Spotify
Step 1: Create a Visa Card/Master Card
The first thing that you ought to do is create a Visa card or Master card using your MTN mobile money account or Airtel money account. Unlike M-pesa, which you can use as a medium to pay for your Spotify premium directly, it is currently impossible to make premium payments directly using mobile money accounts (MTN and Airtel). In Uganda, Spotify only accepts Master cards and Visa cards and luckily both MTN and Airtel allow you to make online payments by enabling you to create a Master card or Visa card connected to your mobile money account. Here is how;
Create Master Card with Airtel Uganda
- Firstly; Dial *185*7#l
- Secondly; Select option #9 (AirtelMoney Mastercard)
- Thirdly; Select option #1 (Get a Card)
- Fourthly; Enter your AirtelMoney PIN to continue.
- Lastly; You will receive an SMS with the Mastercard information. Follow the link to see the card details.
Create a MoMo Card
- Simply dial *165*70# and select option 1 to create an MTN MoMocard.
- You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN.
- Once you enter your PIN the MTN MoMocard number along with the CVV numbers will be sent to your phone via text.
Read Also: How to Pay Netflix Using Mobile Money on Airtel & MTN
Step 2: Make Spotify Payment in Uganda
1. To begin the process of acquiring a premium subscription to Spotify, navigate the official website of Spotify at www.spotify.com/premium and sign in with your Spotify account.
2. Select the Spotify plan that you prefer followed by the months that you would like to pay for (you can prepay for 3 months or 1 month).
3. Enter the payment details that you received via SMS from the previous step. At this point, you can also use your debit card as long as it supports Mastercard or Visa services. Once you are done filling in all the payment details, click on PAY NOW. Your Spotify premium account will be activated. Enjoy non-stop and uninterrupted listening.