SC Mobile Uganda is the app version of Standard Chartered bank. The app gives you full visibility of your account in a simple and secure way. What’s unique is that SC Mobile app guides customers on how to open up digital accounts on their own. Through the app, you can open more than one account for example Digital life Current account, Diplomatic Account, Safari Savings Account, Smart Banking Gold Account, and Fixed Deposit Account. And with such accounts, you will automatically gain access to mobile banking services. Here is how you can open a Standard Chartered Bank account online in Uganda.
Required Documents to Open Account
- Valid national ID for Nationals.
- Valid Passport+ Residence / Work Permit for non Nationals.
- Proof of Residence (Utility Bill, Tenancy Agreement / Local Council Letter).
- For Diplomatic account, Employer ID, or Employer Recommendation letter.
- Minimum 18 years old.
How to Open a Standard Chartered Bank account Online
Open an Instant Account with SC Mobile App
2. Launch the app on your device.
3. Click on Open a Bank Account and select “I’m new to the bank option”.
4. Select the type of account you want to open for example; Digital life Current account, Diplomatic Account, Safari Savings Account, Smart Banking Gold Account, Fixed Deposit Account. After selecting the account type, go ahead and click on Apply NOW and also Click START APPLICATION.
5. You will be prompted to enter all your personal details; Name, Email, and personal mobile number.
6. Then enter the 6 digit OTP sent to your phone number and click on submit.
8. Update more personal details and also attach the required documents (National ID and Passport size photo).
9. Provide FATCA and review your application.
10. Review the details thoroughly and also accept the terms and conditions of the Bank.
11. Submit your request and wait for confirmation.
- The account will be activated on card delivery.
- If the account details are not displayed instantly, Temporary registration details will be sent to the email address and mobile number after a short while.
- The Business Account can only be opened from the standard Chartered branch.