Do you want to open an account with Stanbic bank? If you do, then you should try opening up an account online by yourself. Application is quick, easy and with just four steps, the whole application process is complete. You can apply anytime from anywhere, with no limitations. This article guides you on how to open a Stanbic bank account online.
- Zero paperwork
- Automatic self-registration for online banking, mobile banking, App, SMS alerts and Visa card
- Ability to deposit any amount onto your newly created account remotely using Mobile money, Agent banking, or the Cash Deposit ATMs
Account Opening Requirements
Please ensure you have all items saved in PDF or JPG format before you begin to fill in the account opening form
- Passport Size Photo or a selfie.
- Signature image.
- A valid National ID (front & back) for Ugandans.
- If non-Ugandan, a valid passport and visa.
- A refugee ID issued from the Ministry of Internal Affairs for Refegees.
Open a Stanbic Bank Account Online
1. Go to Stanbic Bank e-services portal.
2. Select the New Application option and click CONTINUE.
3. Enter all the required personal details, employment details, enable Self Service Channels, and Account details.
4. Attach the required documents; Identification ID, passport photo, and signature.
5. Next, the Confirmation step. Review all information and click submit.
How to Verify your Account
1. Once you submit your account opening form, you will receive an email notification with a unique reference number which you should save securely.
2. Stanbic bank will verify the information you have provided via video call.
3. If Successful, you will receive an SMS notification and email notification confirming that your account has been created. You can now self-register and make deposits onto the account
4. If Unsuccessful, you will receive a call from a Stanbic customer care consultant with guidance on what is required for a successful application