Do you want to open a bank of Africa account online? If the answer is yes, then the article will guide you. With Bank of Africa, you can choose to open an account yourself via the web portal or by visiting any of their nearest bank branches. Whichever method you choose, you will be able to open your Bank of Africa account. This guide will show you the needed requirements, steps to follow, and what happens after application.
Requirements for Account Opening
- A recent passport size photo for the account owner and the minor or joint account members.
- Valid identification document (national Identification card for Ugandans or Passport Photo for Foreigners) of all the account holders.
- Scan or take a picture of a birth certificate for minor’s accounts (Tots 2 Teenz).
- Personal valid email address and registered phone number (and for each joint account holder for joint accounts).
- Read Bank of Uganda’s tarriff plan for product and services here and also review the BOU terms and conditions.
Note: Before you start the online application process, ensure that you have all the requirements listed above readily available and saved in PDF or JPEG format.
How to Open a Bank of Africa Account Online in Uganda
2. The account opening page will load.
3. Review all the Introduction statements by clicking the drop-down menu then click Next.
4. Enter all the required personal details, contact details, work details then upload documents and signatures.
5. Click the Next button and follow the prompts until you complete the 4th step.
What happens after Application?
1. An email notification will be sent to your provided email address with your reference ID. Please keep this safe for future reference in relation to your account opening process.
2. SMS notification will be sent to your provided mobile number with your reference ID. Please keep this safe for future reference in relation to your account opening process.
3. BOU Branch Service Manager will verify your details and get in touch with you within one hour.
3. If there is a problem with your application, one of the BOU customer help desk teams will reach out to you to make the necessary corrections.
4. If all provided information is accurate, you will receive an email and SMS notification with your new account number.
Upon successful account opening, you will be required to deposit some funds to activate your account.
5. If you are resident in Uganda, please visit any of our agents or branch locations near you to start your stress-free banking experience. Find your nearest location.
6. If you are abroad, you can credit your new account through a SWIFT (Telegraphic Transfer) transaction from anywhere in the world highlighting your new account details in the transfer. Visit our international transfers page for more information. We are constantly innovating for your convenience. Look out for new ways to credit your account coming soon.
7. To withdraw funds from your account, you will need to visit any BANK OF AFRICA branch to verify your personal details to access your funds.
8. However, if you wish to allow us to correspond with you by email for the set up of your digital channel’s access, please accept the terms of the email indemnity during the account opening process and check “email correspondence” in the “how to access your account” section to get started