Are you also frustrated with the media sound not working Android problem while watching your favorite video? This issue can be quite annoying and can ruin your immersive experience. However, now you don’t need to worry or rush to a mobile repair shop. In this advanced era, you can find solutions to most of the problems at your fingertips.
Although, you don’t need to have intricate technical expertise to resolve sound problems on your phone. With a few simple troubleshooting steps and adjustments, you can restore audio to your video playback and enjoy a complete multimedia experience on your device once again, yes you read it right.
In this informative blog on how to fix sound problem in phone, we will guide you through the common causes behind the absence of sound in Android video playback and provide practical, step-by-step methods to fix these issues with ease. So, you can enjoy seamless audio alongside your favorite videos on your Android device once again. Well, when you cover our tips and are ready to listen to your phone speaker again, consider add audio to video for free this time! It will help you create interesting videos with quality audio which you can enjoy by playing on your phone or posting on social media.
Have you ever wondered why the sound on my phone stopped working when playing videos? If so, there are a few possible reasons behind this issue. First, let’s take a look at some of the most common causes.
Here are a few key reasons why your media volume might not be functioning as expected:
1. Your Android OS is not Updated
One of the most common reasons for no sound when playing videos on Android is an outdated operating system. To fix this issue, all you need to do is
- Simply install all available updates.
- Updating your phone’s OS not only improves its security but also enhances its overall performance, including sound.
- However, failure to update the OS could cause hardware issues, leading to sound problems.
2. Network Problems
Sometimes, the problems may not be with your Android phone. It could be your mobile data or network specifically. To resolve this issue, do this
Try checking in various locations to identify if the problem is consistent. If the problem occurs only in one location, your service provider may be responsible for it.
- However, if it’s a problem everywhere you go, the coverage in your area might be weak. It’s best to contact your mobile network helpline to get help with this issue, regardless of the cause.
If you’re still facing the issue of no sound on your Android-recorded videos, there could be a few reasons behind it. Let’s take a look at some common causes:
1. Outdated App
If an app is not updated regularly, it can cause sound issues. This is especially true if auto-updates for Google apps are disabled to save storage space, which can result in compatibility issues. Updating the application becomes critical to efficiently deal with both hardware and software issues.
Moreover, updating the app can fix several problems, including the lack of sound. By keeping your apps up to date, you not only optimize performance but may also completely resolve the sound issue, resulting in a smoother experience with your recorded videos on Android.
2. Corrupted Video Player or YouTube App
Lastly, this factor can also contribute to the lack of sound in videos. Here are some major points to consider in this regard:
The app’s cached data might become corrupted if it’s not regularly cleared, potentially due to bad sectors.
When the app occupies excessive internal storage, your device might slow down while processing data, resulting in the absence of sound.
Clearing the cache data releases memory, enhancing your mobile’s speed in processing, which could resolve the sound issue in videos.
First and foremost, restart the device, because restarting your Android phone is one of the simple yet effective methods to potentially fix no sound on Android phone issue. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press and hold the power button until the power menu appears.
- Select “Restart” or “Reboot” to turn off your Android phone.
- After that, turn on the device again after waiting for a few moments. And it’s done.
This action helps refresh the system and can resolve minor glitches that might be causing the sound problem. Sometimes, background processes or temporary system errors can interfere with sound settings. Restarting the device refreshes the system, which frequently resolves the no sound on video on Android phones problem.
Wondershare Repairit Video Repair is one of the proven solutions for resolving various video issues, such as sound issues, corrupted files, and playback errors. This software specializes in restoring damaged or inaccessible video files, allowing users to quickly recover lost or distorted media content in seconds.
Wondershare Repairit Video Repair can detect and repair a wide range of video file formats by using advanced algorithms, ensuring that audio and visual components are seamlessly restored. With an intuitive interface and powerful functionalities, it provides a user-friendly experience, making it a go-to tool for individuals looking to recover and restore their valuable video content.
- Fix various issues like no sound, sync problems, and frozen or flickering videos.
- Repairs 18 different video formats, such as MOV, MP4, MKV, AVI, and more.
- Repairs videos from SD cards, phones, and USB drives.
- No limits on the video number or size.
- Repair it offers two scanning modes catering to different levels of video corruption.
- Support Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022, and macOS 10.10~macOS 13.
To fix the problem of “why my sound not working” with Wondershare Repairit Video Repair, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Download the Wondershare Repairit Video Repair and launch it.
Step 2: Click the +Add button to import all the damaged files that you want to recover.
Step 3: Once you import all the damaged files, click the Repair button to start the repair process.
Step 4: The repair process will start and be finished in a few minutes. Now Preview all the files and if you are happy with the results, click the Save All button and the process is completed.
Step 5: In case, if you are not satisfied with the quick results, choose “Advanced Repair” mode, adding a sample video with matching codecs for better results.
If the problem of no sound on Android phones still persists during video playback, then adjusting the volume settings can help to resolve the problem.
All you need to do is:
- Locate your device’s volume controls, whether they are physical buttons or an on-screen slider.
- Check that the volume isn’t muted or too low, gradually raise it to an audible level.
- If available, specifically adjust the media or playback volume settings.
- Play a video or audio file to test the sound.
- Examine for external factors such as Bluetooth devices that are connected.
- Also, disable “Do Not Disturb” mode to ensure that sound playback is enabled.
To prevent no sound issues on Android phones in the future, consider these preventive measures:
- It’s important to keep your device’s operating system and apps up to date to avoid any potential sound-related bugs or glitches.
- You can also prevent app-related sound issues by regularly clearing your cache, uninstalling unnecessary apps, and managing your storage.
- Make sure to routinely check and adjust your volume settings to ensure they’re not muted or set too low.
- Additionally, protect your device from extreme temperatures or moisture that could damage internal components and affect sound quality.
- To prevent data loss during troubleshooting or factory resets, it’s always a good idea to back up important data.
- When downloading apps and media content, make sure to only use trusted sources to minimize the risk of corrupted files causing sound problems.
- Finally, be cautious with system updates, especially if you’ve experienced sound issues after previous updates. Consider waiting for feedback on potential issues before updating.
In the end, we hope you found this blog informative and helpful. If you’re experiencing no sound issues on your Android phone while playing videos, then try our simple troubleshooting steps and advanced solutions like Wondershare Repairit Video Repair tool that can help you resolve the issue quickly.
Moreover, to restore audio functionality, it’s important to understand the common causes behind sound problems, adjust settings, and utilize effective methods. However, with a proactive approach and a combination of quick fixes and preventive strategies, users can maintain an uninterrupted and enhanced multimedia experience on their Android devices. Lastly, thank you for reading this entire blog.