Unfortunately, Netflix has been the victim of numerous security breaches in recent months, with hundreds of thousands of users’ accounts being hacked and information being stolen. One common concern among many victims of these hacks has been wondering how to find out who is using their account and why they can’t log in. To help you figure out what’s going on and get your account back under your control, here are some steps to take if you suspect your Netflix account has been compromised by someone else.
ALSO READ: Here’s How you can change your Netflix Subscription Plan
How to Find out who is using your Account
1. You’ll want to plug in your computer and visit the Netflix website.
2. Sign in using your account.
3. You may need to tap on your profile icon on the top right and then Account
4. Tap on Device Recent Streaming Activity in your Settings.
5. Here is a list of devices that have connected to your Netflix account. You can see the date and time, IP address, and location.
6. Examine each device to make sure it’s similar to what you typically use and where you watch Netflix. Any devices that aren’t the same or places that are unusual are probably your account being misused by someone else.
ALSO READ: How to connect your Smart TV to Netflix.
How to then Block Unauthorized Access
If you see someone on your account who doesn’t have authorization, then you should take steps to prevent that person from logging in again. You cannot directly do this through Netflix but you can sign out of all of your devices and then change your account password. Do this by following these steps.
1. The first thing you need to do is to access your Netflix account settings.
2. From there, click on the Sign out of all devices option.
3. Hit Sign out of all devices to sign out of all devices linked to your account.
4. You must then change your password.
5. To edit your password, select Change Password from your Account Settings.
6. In order to keep the new password, you will need to log in to your devices with it.
With those tips, you never have a Netflix issue, no one will be able to access your account and so you can enjoy it without headaches. Also, don’t forget to create a strong password to avoid this problem in the future.