A mobile hotspot (hotspot tethering) is a physical location where people can access the Internet, typically using Wi-Fi, via a wireless local area network (WLAN) from a smartphone. The host phone uses its cellular data to create Wi-Fi connections for other devices like phones, computers, and smart TVs. Setting up hotspot tethering is simple and other devices need a password to use your tethered network. Therefore, this article guides you on how to change mobile hotspot password on both Android phones and iPhones.
Change mobile hotspot password on android phone.
Here is how you can change the hotspot password on your Android device. This method works for all Android phones including Samsung phones, Techno phones, Redmi phones, Nokia, HTC, Infinix phones, and many more.
- Launch the Settings app on your phone.
- Enable Internet connection.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Click on Hotspot and Tethering.
- Activate WIFI Hotspot.
- Then Click on Set up WIFI Hotspot option.
- Find the password option. Tap the eye icon to view you Hotspot password.
- Enter the new password then click OK / SAVE.
Note: If you follow the above guideline correctly, your mobile hotspot password will change and devices that were connected before will be automatically disconnected from this Wi-Fi source.
Change Mobile Hotspot password on iPhone
Here is how you can change your hotspot password on your iPhone device.
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Turn on the Data option.
- Click on “Personal hotspot”.
- Activate Personal Hotspot.
- Your Personal Hotspot password will be displayed below.
- Click on Wi-Fi password.
- Enter your new mobile hotspot password then click “Done”.
Note: If you follow the above guideline correctly, your password will change and devices that were connected before will be automatically disconnected from this Wi-Fi source.