The government of the Republic of Uganda has issued directives on health measures at all entry and departure points effective 14th November 2022. All passengers from in and out of Entebbe Airport will be required to fill in a digital health declaration form from the Ministry of Health.
The new health digital form was introduced a few hours after the Office of the President of Uganda launched an online Yellow Fever card validation program at Entebbe International Airport to curb malpractices in yellow fever vaccination, particularly in the externalization of labor.
What you Should Know Before Filling in the Digital Health Declaration Form?
- All travelers who enter Uganda via airports and other ports are required to complete the MoH Uganda Travel Health Declaration
- All passengers arriving to and departing from Uganda are required to complete the Traveler Health Declaration form within 24 hours of the flight time.
- All travelers should hold a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate or negative PCR test with a sample taken at most 72 hours prior to the first port of embarkation, en-route to Uganda.
- Children below the age of 5 years are exempted.
- Filling in the wrong information will get you FINED.
How to Fill Out a Digital Health Declaration form from the Ministry of Health
All travelers must fill in the digital health declaration form within 24 hours of travel. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to fill in and download the health declaration form.
Step 1: Head over to the Ministry of Health’s screening portal by clicking this link, https://poe-screening.health.go.ug/.
Step 2: On the next page, carefully read the travel advisory for filling in the declaration form. Scroll down and select your travel type. There are two available options, Departure, and Arrival. Click on what suits you.
Step 3: Thereafter, you will be required to fill in information about the port of Arrival/Departure, country of residence, name of the traveler, nationality, date of birth, age, sex, email address, passport number/national ID number, passport expiry, arrival/departure date, country of Embarkment, health details, COVID-19 Vaccination, and Yellow Fever Vaccination. Once you have filled in all the information, click the Submit button.
Step 4: Following the submission of the form, a QR code will be sent to the traveler. Hereafter, the traveler will be required to save or print out the QR code and present it to the Port Health staff at points of entry or departure.