Who says having no airtime would stop you from making a call on the Safaricom network? Safaricom has introduced a number of ways to ensure that the subscribers stay in touch with family and friends even when they can not afford it. First, you can choose to redeem your Bonga points or get airtime using Okoa Jahazi or make a reverse call. Safaricom’s Reverse Call is a service that allows a customer to make a call with or without airtime and the receiver of the call pays on the caller’s behalf. This service is available to all Safaricom subscribers. Here is how you can make a reverse call on Safaricom.
Make a Reverse Call on Safaricom
1. Open the phone app on your device.
2. Dial # followed by the number you wish to call for example #07XX XXX XXX.
3. Press/click on the call button.
4. As the phone starts to ring, patiently wait for the receiver to either answer or decline the call.
Read Also: How to Send Please call me on Safaricom
How Does the Reverse Call Work
1. The call charges are affiliated with the receiver rather than the caller.
2. Subscribers can only make reverse calls within the Safaricom network.
3. When you call an individual using the Reverse Call code, the receiver will get a notification requesting them to Answer or Decline the call. If they accept the call they will be charged at normal call rates. However, if the call is declined, the call will be disconnected and both the person calling and the one receiving will not be charged. If the caller does not take any action, the call will be disconnected without any charges.
4. You can still make a Reverse Call while having other calling resources like All In One minutes, Okoa Jahazi, and Bonga points.
5. The service is available to both prepaid and post-paid subscribers.