You’ve always wanted to access your information stored on your phone with your computer. Well, It’s no longer a wish, Microsoft finally answered your prayer. This is one of the unique features of the Windows 10 update. The Your Phone Windows feature allows you to link your phone to your Windows 10 computer.
As time moves, the information we hold keeps on accumulating. As a result, we obviously need a way how to manage this information in one place.
This is what the Windows Phone feature exactly does. You have a centralized administration for your files and applications. With your Windows 10 computer, you can manage pictures, app notifications, reply messages, and much more features of your phone.
You won’t need to always create a Bluetooth connection between the phone and the computer or look for a USB cable to transfer files.
You won’t need to waste your time coping with that long URL from your phone’s browser so that you can access it from the computer. With this feature, you just share the web page to your computer with a single click.
The benefits of this Windows feature don’t seem to get done. This is why you definitely need to know how to link your phone to your Windows 10 computer. The feature works with both Android and iPhone users. This article describes how to link a phone to your Windows 10 computer.
- 1 How to link a phone to a Windows 10 computer
- 2 How to share web pages from a linked phone to a Windows 10 computer
- 3 How to receive phone notifications on PC
- 4 How to share photos from a linked phone to a Windows 10 computer
- 5 Share this:
Open Windows Phone settings
- Make sure you have an active internet connection
- From the start menu, click on the settings icon in the bottom left.
- Locate and click on Phone. This will open the feature with a brief description of what it does.
- To add a phone, click on Add a phone.
You may be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account if you’re not signed in. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, you will have to create one.
Install Windows phone companion
- Select the type of phone you use, either Android or iPhone and then click Continue
- At this step, you’ll be required to install a phone companion that allows the computer to communicate with the phone
Visit the URL provided from your phone and install the Windows Phone companion
Set up Phone Companion App
- Open the phone companion app you’ve installed and sign in with your Microsoft account
- The app will require some permissions from your phone. Don’t worry about this, it’s completely safe
- At this point, a notification that prompts you to confirm the phone-to-PC connection will be shown on your phone. You can find it in your notification bar.
- The next screen you’ll be required to set up your PC, but we have done this already, therefore click on My PC is ready.
Enable Accessibility for the Phone companion
- There’s one more thing we have to do, enabling Accessibility to the Phone companion app.
Open your phone Settings
- Navigate to Accessibility
- Identify Your Phone Companion and turn it on
- Now that the phone is linked, you are pretty much wondering how to access your phone stuff from your computer. This is my next step.
- Open the Google play store and search for “Microsoft Edge“.
- Install and open the application.
- Provide your Microsoft credentials as they are required for customization.
- Once the installation is done, you can share web pages from your phone to your Windows 10 computer.
- To share a webpage from phone to PC, click on the phone icon with an arrow at the bottom of Edge mobile app.
- select your computer from the list of devices provided.
- A new tab in Microsoft edge will be opened on your computer
- You can as well share a webpage from the Google Chrome browser on your phone. Click on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your browser, click on share and then Continue on PC.
How to receive phone notifications on PC
In order to view your phone notifications, Notification access has to be enabled for the Phone Companion app
From your phone, open Settings
Scroll down until you see App Permissions and tap on it
Click on Special access and then on the next screen, tap on Notification access.
Enable notification access for Your Phone Companion
Open the Google photos app on your phone.
Select the photos you want to share with your computer.
Click the share icon and then Continue on PC.
Click on create a link and choose your computer from the list displayed computers