Today, we break down ways to Zip and Unzip Files on Android.
Zip files are essential, even on a phone, if your profession requires you to share lots of large files, or if you just want a quick way to share a lot of files with someone using your mobile device. One of the best and most efficient ways to achieve this on your Android device is through the use of an app called RAR.
RAR is an unzipping utility developed by the same team that made WinRAR, a similar Windows application. You can use the mobile app to unpack files in RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, and ARJ formats. However, only RAR and ZIP files can be archived or zipped. We’ll teach you how to use RAR to compress files into the RAR and ZIP formats.
Using this app, you will be able to simply handle various sorts of files. The instructions below will walk you through everything you need to do.
The 4 Best 2FA Apps For Android and iOS
Transfer Files From Pc To Android Wireless
4 Free Paraphrase Apps for Android to Help you Write Better
How to use RAR to unzip files in Android
- Download and install RAR from the Play Store.
- Launch RAR and go to the files you wish to unzip.
- Navigate to the location where the file was downloaded. Tap the folder in which the file is stored.
- Click the checkbox next to the file to unzip it and press the Extract button.
- Select the desired destination path by clicking the button and selecting an option. You can change the route by clicking Browse. You can alternatively use the default route. Then click OK to finish the process.
The app will then show the file(s) in the ZIP folder.
How to use RAR to ZIP files on Android (Creating a RAR file)
It is very simple to create a zip file on your phone for easy transmission by email or another means of your choice.
- Launch the RAR app and go to the file location you want to zip.
- Tick the boxes next to the files you wish to archive and click the Add icon. Check that the overall file size does not exceed 707 MB.
- Select the “Archive” option. Select your preferred file format from RAR, ZIP, or RAR 4.x.
- If you wish to use a different path than the default, change the destination path.
- You can even add a password to the folder that the recipient will require to open the files if you like.
- You can remove the files by checking the box here. You can also make a complete archive. A solid archive is one that has a particular compression algorithm that considers the files within the archive as one continuous data stream. This option requires that you save as RAR. Then click OK to finish the process.
Using this app allows you to quickly share large files on the go without restriction. You can now email these files without fear of your receiver not receiving them due to their large size.