Like other Kenyan banks, Co-operative bank continues to upgrade its systems to make it possible for its customers to withdraw cash from anywhere at any time. MCo-op Cash is a mobile loan facility provided by a Cooperative bank that advances mobile loans to salary account holders whose accounts have been active for up to 3 months. The loan advance is deducted automatically once an individual’s salary hits the account until the loan is fully repaid. You have the option to use either the bank’s USSD code or even the secure MCo-op cash App to withdraw money from your cooperative bank account straight to M-Pesa.
If you want to access your cash via M-Pesa from the Cooperative bank, you need to satisfy the following conditions:
- Be registered for the cooperative bank’s mobile banking platform.
- Have downloaded and installed Cooperative bank’s MCo-op Cash App. Remember to also activate mobile banking from the app. before commencing.
- Be registered for a cooperative bank’s internet banking. This is because the bank allows the online account to MPESA withdrawals either via the USSD code, the MCo-op Cash App, or their real-time internet portal.
Here is how you can Withdraw Money from MCo-op Cash App loan to M-Pesa
Depending on what you prefer, you can choose to withdraw money using an MCo-op Cash used shortcode (*667#) or using the MCo-op Cash app. Whichever method suits you, we have a detailed step-by-step guide to help you through.
Method 1: Use USSD Code
1. Start your Phone app and dial *667#.
2. You will be prompted to enter the MCO-op Secret Pin. Do so to continue.
3. Select Send Money which is option 2 from the displayed list of options.
4. Next, select the Mobile Money option.
5. Then select To Mpesa (option 1).
6. Choose the number you want to send money to or enter the mobile number you are sending to.
7. Select the cooperative bank account you wish to withdraw the funds from i.e MCo-op Cash
8. Type the amount you want to withdraw
9. Confirm all the details then press OK. The cash will be instantly sent to the Mpesa number and your account balance updated. All that will be confirmed in an SMS from the bank and Mpesa if you sent it to your number.
Method 2: Use MCo-op Cash App
First, to use this method, you need to ensure that you have the MCo-op Cash app installed on your mobile device. You can download this app from the Play store or App Store. Once the App is installed follow the steps;
1. Start the MCo-op Cash App on your device.
2. Sign in using your username and password.
3. Go for the Mobile Money option from the list of displayed options.
4. Next, select the Mpesa Option.
5. Go ahead and enter the mobile number you wish to transfer money to.
6. Enter the cooperative bank account you want to withdraw from i.e MCo-op Cash
7. Key in the amount you wish to withdraw.
8. Review the details and click ‘confirm‘ to finalize the transfer. Your cash will be instantly sent to the Mpesa number and your account balance updated. Both the bank and Mpesa will send you a confirmatory text.