How to Use the Shazam Chrome Extension to Identify What’s Playing in Any Chrome Tab, we discuss that in this post. Shazam has an estimated 300 million to 400 million annual users (Source: expandedramblings). What exactly is Shazam?
Shazam is an application that can identify music, movies, advertising, and television shows, based on a short sample played and using the microphone on the device. The software is available for Android, macOS, iOS, Wear OS, watchOS, and as a Google Chrome extension.
How to use the shazam chrome extension to identify which song is playing in any chrome tab
Assuming that you have the Shazam Chrome extension installed in your Google Chrome browser, here is how you can identify which song is currently playing in any chrome tab:
a) Firstly, make sure that the Shazam extension is enabled in the browser. If not, toggle it on the installed extensions page.
b) Secondly, Click on Shazam’s extension icon.
c) Thirdly, Click the large Shazam button from the popup to start the identification process.
Afterward, it tells you which song is playing in the background.
How to install the Shazam Chrome extension
You will install the extension from the chrome web store.
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the open window to open a menu list.
- Look for more tools on the list and hover around it or click on it.
- Select extensions on the list that shows up
- This takes you to the extensions currently installed in your browser.
- Right-click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal bars) on the left upper corner
- Then select chrome web store at the bottom
- Click in the search web store search bar and type in Shazam chrome extension.
- From the list of results, select Shazam: Identify songs from your browser
- Then add it to chrome
- You will then see a pop-up saying the shazam extension has been added to your browser.
You can access your recent songs by tapping the extension icon and selecting Shazams. Shazam will show your song history in a drop-down menu starting with your recent song.