In this post, we reveal to you how to use phone companion app for windows to link your android phone to a windows laptop. Microsoft changed the name of the Your Phone Companion app to Microsoft Phone Link. In addition, the Your Phone Companion app for Android is now called Link to Windows.
The Link to Windows Phone app is a robust and often overlooked part of Windows 10. In the event that you are an Android user, you can use it to:
a) text right from your PC,
b) see all your phone’s notifications,
c) and quickly transfer photos.
If you have the right phone and PC, you can even use the Link to windows app to mirror your phone’s screen and see it on your PC.
What you need: The Requirements
The Phone Link experience starts on your Windows PC and the Phone Link app. From your PC, you can connect to select Android and Samsung devices with the Link to Windows app that’s either preinstalled on your device or that you can download from the Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Store.
This link between your Android device and PC gives you instant access to everything you love. Read and reply to text messages with ease, view recent photos from your Android device, use your favorite mobile apps, make and receive calls, and manage your Android device’s notifications right on your PC.
The Phone Link app requires the following to work:
- A PC running Windows 10 (with the May 2019 Update or later) or Windows 11.
- An Android device running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
- Your phone and your PC both need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
It is recommended always to have the latest version of Windows installed to make sure you get the best experience with the Link to windows app.
How to link an Android Phone to PC
Make sure to have both your PC and Android device nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the search box on the taskbar of your PC, type Phone Link. And then select the Phone Link app from the results.
- You may be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven’t already signed in with Windows.
- Install or open the Link to Windows mobile app on your Android device. To do this, open a web browser on your Android device and then enter the link that’s displayed on your PC.
- Sign in to the mobile app with the same Microsoft account that you signed in to on your PC.
- Once you’ve signed in, go back to your PC, select the I have the Link to Windows app ready check box. And then select Pair with QR code.
- A popup window with a QR code will appear on your PC screen.
- In the mobile app on your Android device, select Link your phone and PC. When asked, Is the QR code on your PC ready? select Continue.
- You’ll be asked permission for the app to access your camera. After accepting, an in-app camera will open. Use this camera to scan the QR code displayed on your PC.
- After scanning the QR code, you may be asked for additional Android permissions. These permissions allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.
- Follow the prompts on your Android device and then select Done. Then return to your PC to explore the Phone Link app.