Over the past few weeks, Carriers and telecommunications in Kenya have been pestering their subscribers to update their SIM Card registration details. This is either by visiting their nearest customer care center or accredited distribution center. However, this article will guide you on how to Update Your Airtel Kenya SIM Details Online.
Similarly, this is a result of a command from the Communication Authority of Kenya seeking to curb the excessive cases of SIM Card fraud where persons end up with numbers registered under their IDs, numbers that they don’t own. In other words, this leaves many unknowing Kenyans open to litigation should line registered under their names be used in criminal activities.
For Airtel Kenya customers, the process can be completed online and fast.
NOTE: You can also update your Safaricom Simcard details online by following the steps here.
Self-registration on Airtel Kenya – The Requirements
- Airtel phone number
- ID number
- Photos of ID, both the front and back
Here’s How To Update Your Airtel Kenya SIM Details Online:
- Go to this registration portal.
- Enter your Airtel Kenya number. You will receive an OTP that will then verify it.
- After that, Enter your ID number.
- Upload the front side of your national ID.
- Enter the backside of your national ID.
- Hit SUBMIT and that is it.
In conclusion, the Communication Authority of Kenya extended the exercise by 6 months with a deadline of 15th October 2022.