When new updates are announced, we sometimes get excited and run for them. The truth is updates are meant to provide better experiences as compared to the old versions, but this is not true for all the updates we yearn for. In case you realized that your old version is still better than your new version, it is possible to uninstall updates on android (downgrade) and get back to your earlier version. To do so, just follow the steps below for a quick downgrading process.
Steps to uninstall android updates
Before you proceed, make sure you do this;
- Back up everything to the cloud (Use Titanium Backup App)
- Download the factory image of the version you want to run
- Flash the ROM
Now, proceed to root your phone and flash in the compatible ROM by following the steps I have listed below.
Unlock Your Bootloader and Flash a Custom Recovery
To accomplish this step, I suggest that you go to the official page of your manufacturer to find out how you may unlock your phone’s bootloader since different phones require different steps. When you are done with that, you may proceed to install TWRP recovery.
Make a Backup of Your System, Apps, and Data
You may use any backup application of your choice. However, I suggest Titanium since it is currently the best backup application you may trust.
- Hold down the power button, then choose reboot.
- On power back, hold Volume down the power button together to enter recovery mode.
- Now go to “Backup” or “Nandroid” section
- Don’t tamper with the default settings. Maybe you may give your backup a name for easy identification.
- Now use the volume keys to navigate, then the power button to confirm your backup
- It will take some time while backing up.
Download and Flash the ROM of Your Choice
- Once you have accomplished the above step, you may now download the compatible ROM for your device and the version of the ROM you want. (I suggest: XDA-Developers Android Forums)
- After that, you may follow these steps to flash your ROM:
- Hold down the power button then select reboot
- On rebooting, press power button together with the volume down button to enter into Recovery mode
- Now go to “Install” or “Install ZIP from SD Card”
- Use volume keys to navigate to the ZIP file you downloaded earlier, and select it from the list to flash it.
- You will have to wait for a moment while this process gets done.
- With all that, you are good to go.
Other ways to uninstall Software Update on Android Phone
- Go to Settings of your phone
- Select Apps
- Now go to the application whose updates you want to uninstall.
- Once you are there, tap the three vertical dots.
- Then choose Uninstall Updates.
- When a popup asks you, just click Ok to proceed.