This tutorial will guide you on how to stop Facebook from tracking your location.
Facebook is a great platform that enables you to connect with your friends and family but it also collects a lot of data from its users. I guess that you might already know that Facebook tracks your every move. However, you might not know that the social platform also tracks the website that you visit both online and offline and also knows where you are at right now. Facebook uses both location and activity information to sell you adverts on the social platform. Luckily, there are a few things that you can do to stop FaceBook from tracking your location. All you have to do is deny Facebook location data on your device by checking device settings>App & Notifications>Facebook>Permissions. Here is how you can stop Facebook from tracking your location.
Method 1: How to Stop Facebook from Tracking your Location
1. Open your Facebook app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the menu button in the upper right corner.
3. Click on Settings and Privacy then tap on Settings.
4. Scroll down to and select “Location“.
5. Go ahead and tap “Location Services“.
6. All Facebook location services are determined by the device settings.
7. Tap “Go to Device Settings“.
8. Click “Location“.
9. Tap “Never” in the resulting window that pops up.
10. Once you are done, back out of your Settings and start using Facebook without being tracked.
Quick Note: FaceBook won’t be able to receive your device’s precise location. However, it will use the IP address to track your location.
Method 2: How to Stop Facebook from Tracking your Location
1. Unlock your phone and go to Device Settings.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Apps.
3. Scroll down to and select Facebook.
4. Under FaceBook, select Location. (Go to Permissions > turn off locations for android)
5. Tap “Never” to disable FaceBook from tracking your location.