The internet has simplified many daily tasks for us these days, and most of the time, we simply need our smartphones to get things done without worry. There was a time when recharging or renewing power tokens for prepaid meters was a demanding process. That is no longer the case because you can quickly reload your prepaid meter online in Nigeria without leaving your home.
This article will show you how to renew your prepaid meter token online without having to visit any distribution company offices.
There are different ways you can pay your electricity bills. You can either use digital banking apps to pay or make use of electricity bill payment apps on your Android or iOS device. One thing you’ll need to keep in mind before recharging your prepaid meter online is your power distribution company and your meter number.
With that being said, let’s see how to recharge prepaid meters online in Nigeria.
Related: Top Nigerian Bank USSD Codes
- 1 How to Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online in Nigeria
- 2 Conclusion
How to Recharge Prepaid Electricity Meter Online in Nigeria
Method 1: Recharge Your Prepaid Meter Token with BuyPower
One of the easiest ways to recharge online is via BuyPower.ng official website. BuyPower is a very popular website for buying prepaid electricity meter tokens online in Nigeria, and they offer different ways you can make payments anytime you want to recharge through them.
You can follow the steps below to recharge your prepaid meter online using BuyPower:
- Visit www.buypower.ng on your smartphone or computer and click on Buy Electricity.
- If you’re an existing user, you’ll need to enter your phone number and password to log in. If not, click on register to create an account with them.
- On the new page, enter the required information like your meter number, distro company, full name, email address, phone number, and the number of units you want to buy, then click on Continue to go to the payment page.
- On the payment page, you can either pay using your debit card, USSD code, or bank transfer. If you want to make payments via debit card, you’ll need to confirm the OTP code sent to the phone number linked to your bank account.
- Once done, wait for a few minutes. Your token will be sent to your email address or registered phone number.
That’s one of the easiest methods for online prepaid meter recharge in Nigeria. Now, let’s look at the next method and see how it works.
Method 2: Buy Prepaid Meter Units Online Via VTU.ng
VTU.ng is another popular website you can always use to top up your prepaid meter units in Nigeria, on this website you can buy airtime and internet data, you can also convert airtime to cash and make bill payments.
Now let’s see how you can buy prepaid electricity units online with the VTU.ng website.
- Visit VTU.ng and click on the Electricity tab.
- Select your electricity distribution company e.g., Ikeja Electric.
- Enter your meter number and the number of units you’ll like to buy. Then choose either Prepaid or Postpaid based on your meter type.
- Next, now enter your phone number, and email address, and also set your preferred payment method.
Once you’ve completed the payment, wait for your meter token to be sent to you via the email address you provided or your phone number.
Method 3: Recharge Prepaid Meter Using Your Mobile Banking Apps
Another way you can recharge a prepaid meter online is through your bank apps. Let’s say you have a mobile banking app from a bank like UBA, GTBank, Access Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank, and so on. You can use their mobile banking app to recharge a prepaid meter online easily, and here’s how to use them.
Depending on the bank mobile app you’re using, on your Android or iOS device.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, launch your mobile banking app, then go to Pay Bill or Pay Bills.
- Specify the type of bill you want to pay by clicking on Utilities. Then select the Biller you want to pay (Your Electricity Distribution Company).
- Enter your Meter Number, Select Package (Prepaid/Postpaid), and enter the amount you want to buy from your bank.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to enter your Transaction Pin. After, wait for the payments to go through. Once done, you should get your token via SMS or your registered email address.
Method 4: Recharge Prepaid Meter Token Using Quickteller
Another alternative way to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online is via quickteller.com. It’s one of the most reliable websites you can use for making bill payments. Even better, you can also buy airtime from them and also buy internet data.
Here’s how you can use the quick teller to buy electricity tokens online while using your smartphone or computer.
- To recharge, visit quickteller
- Select Pay Bills on the left side then scroll down and select Utilities.
- Select your electricity distribution company e.g., Ikeja Electric Prepaid.
- Next, now enter your email or phone number, your meter number, and the number of units you want to buy and click continue to complete the process.
If you want to recharge your prepaid electricity meter token online in Nigeria, these are the ways you can use it. They are quite secure, easy to use, and save you time.