In case you have missed the deadline, and want to pay the NHIF Penalty via M-Pesa, you are in the right place.
NHIF operates under the directive of the ministry of health to cater to Kenyans’ healthcare needs. All members of the NHIF are required to pay a monthly fee that will enable them to access healthcare services. Members are required to pay their monthly contribution before the 9th of every month failure to that a penalty is placed.
Step-By-Step: Pay NHIF Penalty Via M-Pesa
In case you have missed or delayed making your contribution and you now want to pay the NHIF penalty, follow these steps:
- Go to your M-Pesa menu on your phone
- Select on Lipa na M-Pesa
- Select Paybill option
- Enter business Number 200222
- Enter your National ID Number followed by the letter ‘y’ at the end
- Enter the Amount for the contribution
- Input your M-Pesa pin and send
- You will get a confirmation message with the details of your NHIF payments