Safaricom and KPLC have partnered up to ensure that you can pay your electricity bills using Bonga Points. On occasions when you have no money, you can use your Bonga points to pay your electricity bills. Many people have benefitted from this method since it’s one way of saving cash for other important use.
The service is both available for prepaid and postpaid customers. Paying Electricity Bill using Bonga points is one way of utilizing the Bonga points that are stocked up in your line.
How to Pay Electricity Bill using Bonga Points:
- Dial *126#
- select Lipa na Bonga points
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Kenya power business number. It can either be 888880 for prepaid or 888888 for postpaid depending on the dealer’s choice
- Enter your account number or meter number
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- To finish the transaction confirm the details of your service and enter the service PIN
- A message will be sent containing the token units
Depending on the number of Bonga points you have or want to use you can now pay your electricity bill. For example, with 50,000 Bonga points, you can tokens worth 1,000 which gives you around 60-65 token units.