For a long time, you could only make WhatsApp calls on your phone-based app (Android & IOS). Currently, using the WhatsApp Desktop app you can make or receive voice and video calls on your Windows and Mac PC. This guide will show you how to make WhatsApp calls (Video and Audio) on the Desktop.
What Do you Need to Make WhatsApp Calls?
In order to make WhatsApp voice and video calls on the desktop, you will need three things:
- WhatsApp desktop app. WhatsApp Desktop is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer.
- Allow WhatsApp to use your device’s microphone and webcam if you intend to make audio or video calls respectively.
- An active internet connection on your computer and phone.
- Make sure WhatsApp is installed on your phone device.
How to make WhatsApp calls on a PC
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls on the desktop.
1. Before you proceed, you will need to download and install WhatsApp’s desktop app on your Windows PC or Mac PC.
- Go to WhatsApp.com.
- Click on Mac or Windows PC.
- Tap on Downloads.
Quick Note: The WhatsApp Desktop app is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer.
2. You will be prompted to scan the QR code on your PC. Use your phone to scan the QR code on your computer.
3. Your WhatsApp account will open on the screen.
4. Now open a chat and click the voice call icon or the video call icon at the top right corner.
5. A WhatsApp audio or video call will be placed directly from the desktop.
Quick Note: As of now, you can only make individual WhatsApp audio calls or video calls for group calls that are not supported at the moment.