It is now easy to transfer money between your bank and M-PESA. You have to register for Mobile Banking with your bank in order to use this service. You also need to register for M-PESA at an agent outlet.
There are benefits to this. For instance:
- The convenience of easy transfers from your account at any time.
- Curbs the risks associated with handling cash.
- It is easy to make payments through M-PESA.
Here’s how to access M-PESA Transaction:
This service can only be accessed by M-PESA registered users via:
- Via USSD for Bank to M-PESA
- Register for Mobile banking together with your bank and register for the M-PESA service.
- Registration is FREE.
Here’s How to Make a Bank to M-PESA transaction
- This can be done via USSD code.
- Register for mobile banking together with your branch to obtain the USSD code.
- This will permit you to move money from your bank account into your M-PESA account conveniently.
- Simply dial the USSD number and follow the instructions indicated there.
Here’s How to make an M-PESA to Bank Transaction
- This is accessible via PayBill.
- Go to M-PESA Menu on your phone
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA,
- Select PayBill option
- Enter the bank’s business number
- Enter the account number which is your bank account number
- Enter amount
- Then Enter M-PESA pin.
- SMS confirmation will be received on phone
The following table shows a list of most banks in Kenya and their M-PESA Paybill numbers.
|Name of Bank||M-PESA PayBill number|
|1||Kenya Commercial Bank KCB||522522|
|2||National Bank of Kenya NBK||547700|
|5||Cooperative Bank of Kenya||400200|
|6||Standard Chattered Bank||329329|
|7||Family Bank Ltd||222111|
|8||Diamond Trust Bank (DTB)||516600|
|10||CFC Stanbic Bank||600100|
|11||Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA)||880100|
|12||I&M Bank Ltd||542542|