A Police clearance certificate is also known as Good Conduct Certificate is proof of the person’s criminal records. It indicates that the person is not accused or does not have any criminal precedents.
A certificate of good conduct/Police Certificate means that the particular Kenyan holder has been searched in the criminal records of Kenya, and no criminal record has been traced. The validity of a certificate of good conduct is based on the information provided from the date of issuance of the certificate. It is important to get good conduct in Kenya since most employers need this document to even consider you for a job interview let alone being employed.
The process is now digitized and you can book and pay for an appointment online on E-citizen. Here are the steps to get your certificate of good conduct Kenya for download via e-citizen.
Steps to Download Certificate of Good Conduct Kenya
- Login to your e-citizen portal account by using your email address and password at ecitizen.go.ke
- Once you’re on the dashboard go to the Department of Criminal Investigations option and click
- Click ” Get Services Now”
- Click on the menu at the top of the page and select “Recent Applications”
- If your certificate is ready, it will be there ready for download as a pdf file, it will read as GENERATE CERTIFICATEPN NIL. Click it to download.
- You can also click on the reference number starting with PCC- to view the downloaded files.
- Once your certificate of Good Conduct loads, click on the print service.
- You have the option to either download them or print them, you can print it directly if your using a computer that is connected to a printer.
Just like that, you will find your certificate of good conduct Kenya ready for download or not.