COVID-19 has been a problem in our lives for the past two years. Governments around the world including Kenya are now focusing on making COVID-19 vaccines accessible to everyone. Therefore, any Kenyan citizen above the age of 18 can walk into an accredited vaccination center and get vaccinated.
Fully vaccinated people can download their COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate online from the Chanjo platform. In addition, Health Principal Secretary, Susan Mochache said:
Getting your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate in Kenya is pretty easy. However, you are only supposed to do this after getting both doses.
Here’s How To Get a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate online in Kenya
- Visit the health portal at https://portal.health.go.ke and create an account (follow this quick YouTube guide).
- Enter your identification type, along with the ID number.
This is the ID Type and ID Number that you used when signing up to book an appointment or the one you provided at the Vaccination center.
3. Select the options and enter your details correctly. After that, click the search vaccinee button.
4. You will then see details provided at the vaccination center, for instance, information about your next of kin and so on.
5. Click the Vaccination Tab.
6. You will then see your vaccination details. In other words, the page should look like the one below if fully vaccinated.
7. Click the ‘Vaccination Certificate‘ button.
8. Now download the COVID-19 Vaccination certificate.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate in Kenya should look something like BELOW:
It is a simple process that should take you a few minutes. Therefore, help out those who may not know how to get the certificate.
In other countries, you need to present a vaccination certificate to visit many offices. Even though Kenya hasn’t gotten to that level yet, make sure you get vaccinated. Above all, it is good for health.
[Feature Image Credit: UNSDG]