Each Netflix account can create up to 5 profiles, however, on-time streaming is restricted depending on the subscription plans. Both the mobile plan and Basic plan restrict only 1 user, the Standard plan restricts 2 users while the Premium plan restricts 4 users at a time. This means that every time a particular plan exceeds the user limit, they will get an error code stating “Too many people are using your account right now” or “Your Netflix account is in use on another device” or Your Netflix Account is in Use on too many Devices.”
Unfortunately, even account proprietors can be denied access to viewing content when the limit is exceeded. However logged first, will get access first.
Netflix shows the recent streaming activity for your Netflix account. To avoid the “Too many people are using your account right now” error code, you will need to find devices that are connected to your Netflix account and thereafter decide to sign out these devices.
How to Find Devices Connected to your Netflix Account
Step 1: Log in to your Netflix account
Start a browser of your choice or launch the Nextflix app on your device. Then log in with the correct email address and password. Click on your Netflix profile for the home page to load.
Step 2: Launch the Account Settings
Click on the drop-down menu just next to your account profile picture. Scroll down and tap on ‘Account‘. Under Settings, click on ‘Recent Device Streaming Activity‘. All your account’s most recent streaming devices and locations will be displayed on the next page including the date and time. It is totally up to you to determine devices or locations (IP addresses) that you are unfamiliar with, and choose to sign them out immediately.
How to Remove Devices Connected to your Netflix Account
Now that you have clearly studied devices that are connected to your account, you can choose to forcefully sign out the devices. Here is how you can do that;
1. Tap on the dropdown menu next to your profile picture on the Netflix home page.
2. Click on Account.
3. Under Settings, select ‘Sign Out of all Devices‘.
4. A new page will pop up, prompting you to confirm if you are sure about signing out all devices connected to your Netflix account. Select ‘Sign Out’ then return to the account page.
How to Create a New Password For your Netflix Account.
Even though the devices are signed out, they can always sign in at their convenience if they still posse the correct Netflix password. To ensure that unwanted devices do not connect to your Netflix account, you will need to change the password.
- Visit netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Select Email.
- Enter your email address and select Email Me.
- Follow the steps in the password reset email you receive. The email will typically arrive within a few minutes, and contains a link that will sign you in to Netflix automatically. Once signed in, you’ll be asked to create a new password. Your new password can’t be the same as your previous password.
Note: The link in the email expires in 24 hours.