On February 24, 2017, WhatsApp launched a news feed status feature similar to Snapchat and Facebook stories. The Status feature allows WhatsApp users to share text, photos, videos, or GIF updates overlaid with drawings, emojis, and caption, visible for 24hours amongst saved contacts.
The new enhancements have made WhatsApp more interesting and fun. When your contacts update their status, it will appear in the Status tab. Tap on the particular status update you want to view. At times, we want to review and keep a copy of our favorite statuses but WhatsApp has no option of saving or downloading statuses for now. We have come up with various tricks to help you download or save WhatsApp status on Apple devices.
Method 1: Download WhatsApp Status on iPhone with BuildStore
Unlike Android, IOS is a rigid platform. Similar to rooting on Androids, there is a jailbreak for IOS devices. With these tricks, you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone but rather subscribe to BuildStore. BuildStore helps you install apps out of store apps.
The official WhatsApp for Iphones does not allow you to download WhatsApp status but a third party WhatsApp treak called WhatsApp++ has the download feature as you view other people’s status stories. You cannot find WhatsApp++ on Appstore since it is an unofficial tweak.
- Uninstall the original Whatapp app from your phone if it’s already installed.
- Signup for a new Build store account and register your IOS device. All you need is to pay a $9.99/year per device subscription to the Build store.
- On your registered IOS device, open Safari and navigate to the Whatsapp++ app page.
- Tap on the install button.
- Open WhatsApp++ once installed with a valid phone number.
- Tap on the status that you want to download media from.
- Click on the Download button in the bottom right corner. The media file will be downloaded to Camera Roll or Photos.
Method 2: Download WhatsApp on IPad/iPhone with WhatsApp Pocket
WhatsApp Pocket is a data recovery software for WhatsApp. The desktop app has a unique feature that allows you to save images and videos which are uploaded as status stories on WhatsApp. WhatsApp Pocket is available for Windows and MAC.
- Install and run WhatsApp pocket on your PC
- Connect your iPhone or IPad to the PC.
- Select your device and start the scan. Wait until the scan is complete.
- WhatsApp chats will be displayed at the end of the scan. Click and Preview any WhatsApp chat.
- You will find media files like Images, GIFs, and videos from your friends WhatsApp status.
- Click the “Export Attachment” button and save it on your desktop.
Method 3: Download WhatsApp Status with Screen Recording Technique
Screen Recording is an in-built feature from IOS 11. The feature helps you record everything on your screen from the moment you start recording until you press stop. It is a simpler way to download your WhatsApp status.
- Launch the Settings app and find the Control Center
- Tap on customize controls
- Add screen recording to the control center by clicking on the green color icon on the left.
- Go back to the home screen. Launch the Control center by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen. On iPhone X or IPad with IOS 12 or iPadOS, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on the Screen recording app and start recording.
- Open the Whatsapp status you want to record.
- To remove the Name and reply option zoom in by putting your two fingers on the screen until the end of the video.
- Scroll up to the Control Center and stop screen recording or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
- Go to Photos to view the status clip and edit accordingly by trimming the first and last few seconds.
Note: Push notifications will interrupt and forcefully pause your screen recording. To avoid the problem, turn on “Do Not Disturb” or set your phone to “Airplane mode”.