So you have internet explorer or Microsoft edge as your default browser , if you want to put a website shortcut on desktop so that you can access it anytime you need too , you’ll need to follow the steps in this guide .
Internet explorer just like other websites allows you to create desktop shortcuts for your favorite websites .
To create a website shortcut on desktop using internet explorer , follow the steps below:-
Note : In this tutorial we have used windows 10 but this method works for internet explorer on all versions of windows 7 & 8 as well .
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer
- Navigate to URL bar and enter website domain of your choice ( in this case i used ugtechmag.com )
3.Wait until website loads and then right click . Sidebar menu will pop up as shown below .
4.In the sidebar menu , select and click Create Shortcut Option .
5. After clicking create shortcut option , a dialogue box will pop up prompting you to click Yes or No if you want to create a shortcut of website on desktop .
6. After clicking Yes button , A website shortcut will be created on desktop as shown below .
Create website shortcut on desktop Microsoft edge .
Microsoft edge is windows 10 default web browser , to create a website shortcut on desktop using this web browser follow the procedures below:-
- Go task bar or desktop icon and open Microsoft edge
- Go to URL or search bar and enter website you need to create a shortcut on desktop .
- Navigate to the Settings icon ( three horizontal dotted lines at on the top right corner ) and tap it .
- Click Open with internet explorer .
- Right Click on website and select Create shortcut from the menu bar .
- A dialogue box will prompt Yes or No whether you want to create website shortcut on desktop .
- After clicking Yes button , navigate to desktop and you’ll see Website shortcut created .