In this blog, we’ll break down for you everything associated with how to connect AirPods to a Chromebook.
Apple prefers to keep its ecosystem tightly guarded, making it difficult to link Apple gadgets with non-Apple devices. An Apple Watch, for example, cannot be paired with an Android phone. That’s why it’s pleasant to learn that you can use your Apple AirPods with a variety of non-Apple devices.
AirPods can be paired with Android phones, Windows PCs, and even Chromebooks. If you enjoy the idea of utilizing AirPods with Google’s low-cost alternative to a standard laptop, here’s how to connect AirPods to a Chromebook.
Do AirPods Work With a Chromebook?
The quick answer is yes and no. You can use your AirPods to listen to audio from your Chromebook using wireless headphones.
Some of the AirPods’ functions will not work with your Chromebook. You won’t be able to activate Siri with your AirPods, for example. You also can’t use the double-tap function, which lets you adjust playback by tapping your AirPods. Automatic ear detection is also inoperable on a Chromebook.
If you simply want to use your AirPods as a good-quality set of wireless headphones, you can do so by connecting them via Bluetooth.
How to Enable Bluetooth on Chromebook
To enable Bluetooth on a Chromebook, do the following:
- In the lower right-hand corner of your Chromebook’s screen, click the Network symbol.
- Look for the Bluetooth symbol. If the Bluetooth icon is grey, click it to enable it.
- Your Chromebook is now ready to connect to your Apple AirPods.
How to Connect AirPods to Your Chromebook
To connect your AirPods to your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- In the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook screen, click the Network icon.
- Select Bluetooth by clicking the tiny arrow next to it.
- To begin pairing, choose Pair New Device.
- Your Chromebook will look for Bluetooth devices in the area.
- Insert your AirPods inside the case and close the cover. If your AirPods do not appear on your Chromebook, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the light flashes white.
- Click on your AirPods when they show in the list of Available Devices on your Chromebook.
- You should receive a notification indicating your AirPods have been linked. Under the Bluetooth icon, you’ll find them listed as linked.
- The audio from your Chromebook should now be played through your AirPods.
How to Disconnect Your AirPods from Your Chromebook
If you decide you no longer want to connect your AirPods to your Chromebook, you can disconnect them. To disconnect your AirPods from your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- In the bottom-right corner of your Chromebook, click the Network icon.
- Click the tiny arrow to the right of Bluetooth.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the Bluetooth window.
- Under Currently Connected, click the little arrow symbol next to your AirPods.
- Click Forget to delete them altogether. Clicking Disconnect will disconnect the connection, but the AirPods will remain on your Chromebook.
- Follow the methods in the preceding section to reconnect them at any time.
You can exploit your AirPods even more if you understand how to pair them to a Chromebook. Even though a Chromebook lacks some of the functionality of an iPhone, AirPods still produce excellent sound.